Sony PlayStation's Worldwide Studios has one of the largest teams working on the LLVM open source compiler framework (llvm.org). You will have responsibility for full-stack development and operations of two very large continuous integration systems. Your work will be largely open source supporting well-established projects and will be highly visible.
• Participate in design and implementation of applications and services. Come up with design best practices for building operational effectiveness in applications early in design.
• Identify the need for automation in processes where process delays could be reduced and automate them if feasible.
• Identify the need for tools that help in software development process and implement them.
• Plan reusable performance benchmark tests for applications and services. Recommend what works how, when and where and what does not work how, when and where when it comes to applications or services performance.
• Help troubleshoot issues at different levels of architecture - kernel, network, applications/services.
• BS or MS in Computer Science with more than 5 years of experience of working as a core developer and exposure to live application hosting.
• Development experience of production ready cloud computing architecture in Software as a Service (SaaS) and/or Platform as a Service (PaaS) categories.
• Strong experience in developing distributed networked applications that make use of protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP etc. Experience with event driven programming in any language (e.g. Node.js) is desirable.
• Solid foundations in administering Linux, OS X, and Windows systems
• Implementation of configuration management methods with Chef/Puppet in a large scale distributed deployment.
• Programming expertise in one or more languages C, C++, Java
• Scripting experience in bash, Python/Ruby/Perl.
• Working knowledge of Continuous Delivery concepts including Continuous Integration and Deployment, and Automated Testing
• Implementation experience of Git based continuous deploy system, test driven development, Continuous Integration (CI) are highly desirable.
About Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation(R) family of products, including the PlayStation(R)3 (PS3 TM), PlayStation(R) Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation(R) Mobile and PlayStation(R)Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the original PlayStation(R) first revolutionized the world of gaming, SCEA has repeatedly set the benchmark for innovation in home and portable entertainment through amazing gameplay experiences that inspire people across the world. Based in Foster City, CA, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and employs over 2,104 people in offices located in Foster City, CA, San Diego, CA, Santa Monica, CA and Bend, OR.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.