'struct' now seen using 'class'

Hi,
I'm new to Clang, and trying to it so that it will run natively on Windows. Tried using the supplied Visual Studio files but the Clang part didn't build. Also tried going the MinGW route and had problems as well.

Then I tried going the CMake approach (thanks to whoever created the configs for this). Had to comment out "DbgInfoRemover.cpp" in one of the make files (didn't spend time to figure out why), following which CMake produced a nice working Visual Studio 2008 solution file. I opened this up in VS 2008 Express and everything seems to build properly except for the following errors:

1>c:\llvm\utils\tablegen\TGParser.h(69) : warning C4099: 'llvm::SubClassReference' : type name first seen using 'struct' now seen using 'class'
1> c:\llvm\utils\tablegen\TGParser.h(26) : see declaration of 'llvm::SubClassReference'

1>c:\llvm\utils\tablegen\Record.h(38) : warning C4099: 'llvm::Init' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
1> c:\llvm\utils\tablegen\TGParser.h(24) : see declaration of 'llvm::Init'

1>c:\llvm\utils\tablegen\Record.h(63) : warning C4099: 'llvm::RecTy' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
1> c:\llvm\utils\tablegen\TGParser.h(23) : see declaration of 'llvm::RecTy'

1>c:\llvm\utils\tablegen\Record.h(425) : warning C4099: 'llvm::Init' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
1> c:\llvm\utils\tablegen\TGParser.h(24) : see declaration of 'llvm::Init'

1>..\..\..\llvm\utils\TableGen\TGParser.cpp(127) : warning C4099: 'llvm::SubClassReference' : type name first seen using 'struct' now seen using 'class'
1> ..\..\..\llvm\utils\TableGen\TGParser.cpp(33) : see declaration of 'llvm::SubClassReference'

7>..\..\..\..\llvm\lib\CodeGen\SelectionDAG\SelectionDAGBuild.cpp(4636) : warning C4099: 'llvm::SDISelAsmOperandInfo' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
7> c:\dj\llvm\lib\codegen\selectiondag\SelectionDAGBuild.h(64) : see declaration of 'llvm::SDISelAsmOperandInfo'

14>C:\llvm\include\llvm/Debugger/SourceLanguage.h(32) : warning C4099: 'llvm::SourceLanguage' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
14> C:\llvm\include\llvm/Debugger/ProgramInfo.h(33) : see declaration of 'llvm::SourceLanguage'

16>c:\dj\llvm\lib\target\x86\asmprinter\X86ATTAsmPrinter.h(29) : warning C4099: 'llvm::MachineJumpTableInfo' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
16> C:\llvm\include\llvm/CodeGen/MachineFunction.h(34) : see declaration of 'llvm::MachineJumpTableInfo'

16>c:\dj\llvm\lib\target\x86\asmprinter\X86ATTAsmPrinter.h(29) : warning C4099: 'llvm::MachineJumpTableInfo' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
16> C:\llvm\include\llvm/CodeGen/MachineFunction.h(34) : see declaration of 'llvm::MachineJumpTableInfo'

Is this something I should fix, or should it be fixed in the source?

Thanks,

Henry

Hi,
I'm new to Clang, and trying to it so that it will run natively on
Windows. Tried using the supplied Visual Studio files but the Clang
part didn't build.

Didn't build in what sense? The clang solution might be slightly
out-of-date because it only gets updated occasionally, but it should
work with a few tweaks.

Also tried going the MinGW route and had problems as
well.

MinGW can be tricky, but it should work.

Then I tried going the CMake approach (thanks to whoever created the
configs for this). Had to comment out "DbgInfoRemover.cpp" in one of
the make files (didn't spend time to figure out why), following which
CMake produced a nice working Visual Studio 2008 solution file. I
opened this up in VS 2008 Express and everything seems to build properly
except for the following errors:

All of these errors are in LLVM; you're more likely to catch the
attention of the right people on llvmdev.

-Eli