supress Clang deperecated header warning [gcc's -Wcpp]

Hi all,

For GNU C++ compiler i got warning deprecated header #Wcpp and I can easily turn off it using -Wno-cpp. The same flag does not have any effect on a clang compiler.

gcc version: 4.8.2 20131212 (Red Hat 4.8.2-7) (GCC)

clang version: 3.3 (tags/RELEASE_33/final)

Does anybody know the correct flag and its usage.

Warning output:

vcl_deprecated_header.h:10:3: warning: #warning “deprecated” [-Wcpp] # warning “deprecated”

I tried -Wno-deperecated but without any success. Removing the inclusion of the deprecated header is not something I want. This is because for some specific build for clang I want to disable this warning. But by default for anyone who compiles the warning should appear. And No, using -w to suppress everything is not something I want to do.

In GCC, g++ i can disable it via -Wno-cpp and gcc says

vcl_deprecated_header.h:10:3: warning: #warning “deprecated” [-Wcpp] # warning “-Wcpp”

header source : vcl_deprecated.h

Thanks for any help

It looks like this is just a #warning, not a “real” deprecation warning from looking at that source file.

clang prints “./test.h:7:3: warning: “deprecated” [-W#warnings]” for me, and passing -Wno-#warnings makes it go away.

Thanks Nico. Indeed that supressed that warning.

Now my issue happens to be with cmake which cannot add this flag. I had asked that question on cmake list.

Maybe cmake is not able to parse warning flag with # symbol

This seems to do the trick over here:

$ cat CMakeLists.txt
project(test)

set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS “${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -Wno-#warnings” )
add_executable(foo foo.cc)

Hi Nico,

Thanks again for the help. It worked from terminal via

cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS='Wall -Wno-#warnings"