SVN branch

Hi all,

I'm very happy and excited to be selected to work on clang for GSoC, the level of awesomeness is unprecedented! :slight_smile:

I'm going to go a bit ahead of schedule and, after I sort out some things like namespaces, I'll get rolling with it sooner (on my spare time for now, though).

I'm all for incremental patches as it makes the reviewing process easier and integration into trunk smoother. But its cumbersome to separate and manage patches
without help from source management.
Is it possible to allow me to have a separate branch so I can experiment using the 'power' of full revision history ?
The branch will be getting synchronized with trunk often, and all patches I submit for reviewing will be based on trunk of course.

What do you think ?

-Argiris

Hi all,

I'm very happy and excited to be selected to work on clang for GSoC, the level of awesomeness is unprecedented! :slight_smile:

I'm very excited too, you've done great work so far!

I'm going to go a bit ahead of schedule and, after I sort out some things like namespaces, I'll get rolling with it sooner (on my spare time for now, though).

Ok.

I'm all for incremental patches as it makes the reviewing process easier and integration into trunk smoother. But its cumbersome to separate and manage patches
without help from source management.
Is it possible to allow me to have a separate branch so I can experiment using the 'power' of full revision history ?
The branch will be getting synchronized with trunk often, and all patches I submit for reviewing will be based on trunk of course.

I generally discourage working on branches (other than release branches) but you are very welcome to use them if you prefer. Feel free to create a branch anytime you want.

-Chris

There are a couple LLVM people using the git-svn gateway in order to
have local branches. Akor is one, I think. Folks on #llvm might be
able to help you out if you aren't familiar with it.