tablegen for fast isel

What is the purpose of tablegen created files for fast-isel?

If I make the following change to Makefile in lib/Target/Mips

BUILT_SOURCES = MipsGenRegisterInfo.inc MipsGenInstrInfo.inc \
                  MipsGenAsmWriter.inc MipsGenCodeEmitter.inc \
                  MipsGenDAGISel.inc MipsGenCallingConv.inc \
- MipsGenSubtargetInfo.inc MipsGenMCCodeEmitter.inc \
+ MipsGenSubtargetInfo.inc MipsGenFastISel.inc MipsGenMCCodeEmitter.inc \
                  MipsGenDisassemblerTables.inc \
                  MipsGenMCPseudoLowering.inc MipsGenAsmMatcher.inc

I get an error.

Included from /home/rkotler/workspace/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MipsInstrInfo.td:1474:
/home/rkotler/workspace/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/Mips64InstrInfo.td:89:1: error: Duplicate record in FastISel table!
def DSUB : ArithLogicR<"dsub", GPR64Opnd, 0, II_DSUB, sub>, ADD_FM<0, 0x2e>;
^
make[3]: *** [/home/rkotler/llvmw/build/lib/Target/Mips/Debug+Asserts/MipsGenFastISel.inc.tmp] Error 1

Then it creates a blank file for MipsGenFastISel.inc and after that I get no build errors.

I'm not sure what this is about .

Any ideas?

Tia.

Reed

So that you don't have to explicitly write code to handle every case
in fast isel. You should take a look at the ARM or ARM64 fast isel
ports to get an idea of what you should do here.

-eric

The error stems from DSUB and DSUBu having the same pattern and predicates (to find this out, I printed SimplePatterns[Operands][OpcodeName][VT][RetVT][PredicateCheck].Name just before the error). If you remove the last argument ('sub') from the DSUB definition then it will generate the file successfully.

It's probably a bug that DSUB has 'sub' instead of the default 'null_frag'. The 'dsub' instruction it defines will trap on overflow which doesn't agree with the codegen pattern. Most likely, this bug has been concealed by the DSUBu instruction (the non-trapping version) being defined first which has prevented SelectionDAG from even trying to match DSUB.

The error stems from DSUB and DSUBu having the same pattern and predicates (to find this out, I printed SimplePatterns[Operands][OpcodeName][VT][RetVT][PredicateCheck].Name just before the error). If you remove the last argument ('sub') from the DSUB definition then it will generate the file successfully.

It's probably a bug that DSUB has 'sub' instead of the default 'null_frag'. The 'dsub' instruction it defines will trap on overflow which doesn't agree with the codegen pattern. Most likely, this bug has been concealed by the DSUBu instruction (the non-trapping version) being defined first which has prevented SelectionDAG from even trying to match DSUB.

Yeh, you're right. I will make a patch for this and run the mips64 tests.