Test Results

Here are my test results for the 2.2 prerelease.

Built objDir == srcDir, release, and with the pre-built LLVM-GCC binary.

"make test" results:

=== Summary ===

# of expected passes 2533
# of expected failures 6

-bw

report.nightly.txt (67.7 KB)

What target?

report.nightly.txt (67.7 KB)

Sorry, I forgot to mention. It's a PPC PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X 10.4.11.

-bw

Sorry, I forgot to mention. It's a PPC PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X

-bw

OK, ppc32 EH used to work better than this (although I haven't tried it on 10.4). I'll have a look.

-bw

OK, ppc32 EH used to work better than this (although I haven't tried it on 10.4). I'll have a look.

I should clarify, what is the "pre-built LLVM-GCC binary"? Part of 2.2, and it's 4.2, right? I wouldn't expect 4.0 to work very well in this area.

-bw

OK, ppc32 EH used to work better than this (although I haven't tried
it on 10.4). I'll have a look.

I should clarify, what is the "pre-built LLVM-GCC binary"? Part of
2.2, and it's 4.2, right? I wouldn't expect 4.0 to work very well in
this area.

Yeah, the pre-built binary is the 4.2 from the release website.

I've confirmed that it still works on 10.5. I was less successful than you on 10.4:

[dalejos-powerbook-g4-15:/Volumes/Data/tests] dalejo% /llvm-gcc4.2-2.2-ppc-darwin8.11.0/bin/llvm-g++ ctor1.C
/usr/bin/ld: unknown flag: -macosx_version_min
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is a ppc32 machine running 10.4.11, but does not have a recent tools release installed on it. What's the prerequisite here?

I think the problem with EH is that you're getting the unwinding library that was built as part of the llvm-gcc build. That one will not work. We want to pick up that library from a gcc build (or it may work just to remove the one that's there, if we require some other tools be installed). It seems to use libgcc_s.10.[45].dylib on 10.5 and libgcc_s.dylib on 10.4. But it may be that 4.0 vs 4.2 is another variable, I'm not in a position to test all combinations.

I've used llvm-gcc to compile as far as a .o, then used g++ to link, and that works. So I think this is the problem.

Thanks for testing the release! The results look in line with what I am seeing.

-Tanya