Tips for debugging mysterious dead loop in LLVM optimizer?

The LLVM optimizer runs into a dead loop when optimizing my module (I used instructions here to call the optimizer). I’m using LLVM 15.

I made the following investigations:

1. validateLLVMModule() report no errors on my module.
  2. If I serialize the module, then load the module and run the optimizer on the loaded module, the optimizer runs without issue. So it seems to me some in-memory representation has silently corrupted.
  3. If I dump the module before and after serialization and diff them, I see two difference. Before serialization, there are two intrinsic definitions in the module:
; Function Attrs: argmemonly mustprogress nocallback nofree nosync nounwind willreturn
declare void @llvm.lifetime.start.p0(i64 immarg %0, ptr nocapture %1) #8

; Function Attrs: argmemonly mustprogress nocallback nofree nosync nounwind willreturn
declare void @llvm.lifetime.end.p0(i64 immarg %0, ptr nocapture %1) #8

but after serialization, the mustprogress attribute of the two functions are lost.
4. The dead loop happens in LowerExpectIntrinsic.cpp:350 (static bool lowerExpectIntrinsic(Function &F)). I don’t have a LLVM debug build so I haven’t yet investigated where exactly the dead loop happened. The module did not use ‘llvm.expect’.

What might have caused this problem? Can someone give me some tip on how I should debug this issue?

Thanks!