Two patches

Hello,

Here are 2 more patches:

1. hier1.patch: This short patch eliminates writing to the depth field of the machine_hierarchy data structure. The write was unnecessary, as the depth can simply be pulled out of the data structure to a local variable, and then modified as needed. This also allowed the removal of the base_depth field, because now the depth field is the base depth, and does not need to be modified.

2. safe_api.patch: This patch is large, but very simple. This change replaces banned C API calls with safe calls to meet the SDL guidelines. Most calls have their safe alternatives on Windows, but we just define macros for other platforms.

a. kmp_safe_c_api.h defines macros that replace the banned calls

b. APIs for non-windows platforms will be filled in later

Thanks!

Terry

hier1.patch (1.77 KB)

safe_api.patch (37.2 KB)

Just a reminder, this is awaiting review. Thanks!

Andrey,

Please check in these patches.

Thanks!

Andrey,

Please check in these patches.

Thanks!

To: "Terry L Wilmarth" <terry.l.wilmarth@intel.com>, "Terry L Wilmarth" <terry.l.wilmarth@intel.com>,
openmp-dev@dcs-maillist2.engr.illinois.edu
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:26:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Openmp-dev] Two patches

I'd like a chance to review. Please wait. I thought Hal or someone
would chime in

I'll look at them now...

-Hal

Hello,

Here are 2 more patches:

1. hier1.patch: This short patch eliminates writing to the depth field of the machine_hierarchy data structure. The write was unnecessary, as the depth can simply be pulled out of the data structure to a local variable, and then modified as needed. This also allowed the removal of the base_depth field, because now the depth field is the base depth, and does not need to be modified.