The Heterogeneous Systems Group at ISI (www.isi.edu) conducts research at the intersection of computer architecture and high-performance software. The group’s specialties span compilers to operating systems, supercomputers to embedded systems. The unifying theme across all these areas is heterogeneity and its impact on systems. We seek highly talented, motivated technical leaders to join our team. This position will lead research in an emerging area of domain-specific compilers and runtime systems. The successful candidate will be collaborative and capable of performing within a small team on an upcoming sponsored research program in the areas of RF, systems software, and computer architectures. The position is based in Arlington, VA, though remote and hybrid work options are available.
We’re looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- PhD or MS and equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with LLVM compiler internals
- Experience with embedded systems software development
- Strong software development experience
- Ability to evaluate, apply, and mature published research to real-world problems on prototype systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The following is considered a strong plus:
- Familiarity with RISC-V
- Familiarity with FPGA-based prototyping and emulation tools
- Prior experience with bare metal toolchains
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
If you’re interested, please reach out to me at email@example.com.