We're looking for exceptional LLVM developers! Full job description here:
Software Engineer - Compiler Developer (Raleigh, NC) 08/26/2014
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - CDMA Technology
North Carolina - Raleigh
Qualcomm's CPU Enablement and CCP Software team in Raleigh, NC has an
opening for a Compiler Developer. In this role, you will research, design,
develop, enhance, and implement different components of compiler based on
performance and code-size needs of the customer workload/benchmark. You
will also develop and execute benchmarks and test scenarios for standalone
static and dynamic compilers.
The ideal candidate should have experience and/or knowledge in the
- Experience in compiler development - intermediate representations,
machine independent and machine dependent optimizations, code generation
and processor specific optimizations.
- Knowledge of assemblers, linkers, loaders, object file formats,
instruction set simulators, debuggers and experience using them.
- Knowledge of the structure and function of the compiler internals.
- Knowledge of instruction sets and computer architectures - pipeline
structure & hazards, cache & memory organization, etc.
- Strong experience in performance analysis, root cause analysis and
- Strong background in embedded software development, experience in
assembly language programming and optimization and analyzing compiler
generated code for optimization/code generation opportunities.
5 years experience in the following required:
-Programming experience in C or C++.
-Expeirence with large scale software build, integration and test
The following experience is considered a plus:
- LLVM or any industrial strength compiler development experience
- ARM architecture knowledge and ARM assembly code optimization
- Familiar with scripting languages used in build systems and hands-on
experience on debugging embedded systems
Required: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science
Preferred: Doctorate, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science