Which linux distribution required the least effort to install LLVM 2.3?

Hi!
I’m a new LLVM user.

I want to start using the LLVM System v2.3. However, I don’t want to spend all my time hunting, pecking, downgrading, and/or upgrading packages to get LLVM v2.3 running. I was wondering which Linux distrubutions(FC7, Ubuntu, NetBSD, etc) have required the least effort out of the box to start running LLVM v2.3.

tia,
Bernardo Elayda

FC8 worked straight away for me, though I needed to tweak the llvm-gcc flags a bit since I'm on x86_64.

Regards,
sr

Bernardo Elayda wrote:

Bernardo Elayda wrote:

Hi!
I'm a new LLVM user.

I want to start using the LLVM System v2.3.

I'm running LLVM from SVN on Ubuntu Hardy (both i386 and x86_64) without
problems.

Cheers,
Erik

Bernardo Elayda wrote:

I want to start using the LLVM System v2.3. However, I don't want to spend all my time hunting, pecking, downgrading, and/or upgrading packages to get LLVM v2.3 running. I was wondering which Linux distrubutions(FC7, Ubuntu, NetBSD, etc) have required the least effort out of the box to start running LLVM v2.3.

openSUSE 10.3 over here (both x86-32 and -64), LLVM compiles out of the box. (Needs Cyrille Berger's patch to enable putting LLVM into a shared library, though; this might be in svn in the meantime, I haven't checked.)

There's an LLVM RPM for various openSUSE versions including the latest (11.0) available from Packman (right now still at LLVM 2.2, but I guess that the package maintainer, Toni Graffy, will soon update it to 2.3). See http://packman.links2linux.de/package/llvm

Albert

Bernardo Elayda wrote:

I want to start using the LLVM System v2.3. However, I don't want to spend all my time hunting, pecking, downgrading, and/or upgrading packages to get LLVM v2.3 running. I was wondering which Linux distrubutions(FC7, Ubuntu, NetBSD, etc) have required the least effort out of the box to start running LLVM v2.3.

The .debs from Debian Experimental work also on Ubuntu 8.04.
You can download them from here:

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=llvm&searchon=names&suite=experimental&section=all