Windows/Visual Studio 2010 warnings (WARNINGS!)

Hi,

I stumbled across three warnings in LLVM when building with MS Visual Studio 2010. It has been my experience that different compilers detect different things, so I thought I’d pass them on to you (in case your compiler does not warn about these things):

warning C4805: ‘==’ : unsafe mix of type ‘bool’ and type ‘unsigned int’ in operation lib\Transforms\IPO\ExtractGV.cpp 58 1 LLVMipo
warning C4805: ‘==’ : unsafe mix of type ‘bool’ and type ‘unsigned int’ in operation lib\Transforms\IPO\ExtractGV.cpp 68 1 LLVMipo
warning C4065: switch statement contains ‘default’ but no ‘case’ labels lib\Target\X86\X86GenRegisterInfo.inc 4360 1 LLVMX86CodeGen

The two first seem worth some attention, the latter just seems slightly bizarre.

Cheers,
Mikael

P.S. I was thinking you perhaps could make a blinking button labeled “Windows” on the front page of , which when clicked guided people through the steps needed to build on Windows? Just a joke, but I do feel slightly daft. It’s all in the docs. It is just that there are so many docs and so little expectation of native Windows support given the fact that you only provide MINGW32 executables.

P.S. I was thinking you perhaps could make a blinking button labeled
"Windows" on the front page of http://www.llvm.org, which when clicked
guided people through the steps needed to build on Windows?

Shouldn't there be a button entitled "Linux" then? And "Mac OS X" ?
And "FreeBSD"? ...

Hi Anton,

P.S. I was thinking you perhaps could make a blinking button labeled
"Windows" on the front page of http://www.llvm.org, which when clicked
guided people through the steps needed to build on Windows?

Shouldn't there be a button entitled "Linux" then? And "Mac OS X" ?
And "FreeBSD"? ...

it should be possible to query the browser to find out which O/S it is
running on and display the appropriate button :slight_smile:

Ciao, Duncan.

This button could also be made to move with the scroll window with some neat JavaScript so it can’t be missed.

Yuri

Mikael Lyngvig <mikael@lyngvig.org> writes:

[snip]

It is just
that there are so many docs and so little expectation of native
Windows support given the fact that you only provide MINGW32
executables.

Executables created by MinGW are as native as those created by Visual
Studio.

Forwarding to llvmdev