XCore & PIC16 AsmPrinters

Hi XCore and PIC16 maintainers,

I'd appreciate it if you guys could move your AsmPrinter implementation to be in a subdirectory like the rest of the other targets (e.g. make it live in lib/Target/PIC16/AsmPrinter). Anton is planning to move MSP430 to use the same approach. Having all the targets use the same design simplifies the build system and keeps the target architecture more consistent.

It would be great to have this before 2.6 branches if possible, thanks :slight_smile:

-Chris

Chris,
I will try to get it done before 2.6. (8/21).

• Sanjiv

Thanks Sanjiv! One other nice cleanup (but which is not time critical at all) would be to merge the contents of "PIC16Section" into the new "MCSectionPIC16" class. Unlike the previous design, you're now allowed to store arbitrary data in your target-specific section class, which should simplify a lot of awkward code that PIC16 had to have to work around the old design.

-Chris

Chris Lattner wrote:

Chris,
I will try to get it done before 2.6. (8/21).

Thanks Sanjiv! One other nice cleanup (but which is not time critical at all) would be to merge the contents of "PIC16Section" into the new "MCSectionPIC16" class. Unlike the previous design, you're now allowed to store arbitrary data in your target-specific section class, which should simplify a lot of awkward code that PIC16 had to have to work around the old design.

-Chris

Sure. I'll take care of that once I get my hands off a few other things that we want to finish. As you have already guessed correctly, that isn't likely to be soon.

- Sanjiv

Great thanks! Again, no hurry. I appreciate it,

-Chris

Chris Lattner wrote:

I'd appreciate it if you guys could move your AsmPrinter implementation to be in a subdirectory like the rest of the other targets (e.g. make it live in lib/Target/PIC16/AsmPrinter).

Hi Chris,

I'll try to get this done either this weekend or early next week.

Chris Lattner wrote:

I'd appreciate it if you guys could move your AsmPrinter implementation to be in a subdirectory like the rest of the other targets (e.g. make it live in lib/Target/PIC16/AsmPrinter).

I've moved the XCore AsmPrinter in r79094:

http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?rev=79094&view=rev

Great thanks!

-Chris