XMOS is hiring a compiler engineer. The position is in Bristol, UK (re-location assistance available). If you are interested then you can apply at http://www.xmos.com/en/about/work or come and find us at the LLVM European conference for a chat. All our compiler work is LLVM based.
To be a key contributor in a team producing industry-leading design tools for embedded processors. This could include:
- Developing the XMOS C/C++/xC compilers
- Designing and implementing optimizations to address performance, code size, power consumption and timing closure for real-time programs
- Static and dynamic code analysis e.g measuring timing, detecting deadlock
- Actively contributing to and sharing LLVM compiler improvements with the open-source community
- Working with the apps team and with customers to contribute to development of the xC concurrent and real-time programming language
- Working with the silicon team to contribute to development of next-generation XMOS products and architecture
XMOS is a young, privately held, fabless semiconductor company. We set out to make it easier design complex embedded systems and developed the xCORE family of real-time, flexible, 32bit multicore microcontrollers. Working at XMOS is a chance to work in a relaxed, innovative environment where you tackle technically challenging problems and have a chance to work on exciting new projects. The company has recently enjoyed good revenue growth and secured major new funding to expand in the future.