3.7-rc3 has just been tagged. Testers, please test, build binaries,
upload to the sftp and report results to this thread.
Again, a lot of patches got merged between rc2 and rc3, but hopefully
nothing that should upset things.
One thing that did change is that the release script now correctly
symlinks clang-tools-extra into the build. If this causes problems on
your platform, please just remove it.
This is a release candidate in the real sense: at this point I have
zero release blockers on my radar. I will now only accept fixes for
critical regressions, and if nothing comes up, rc3 will be promoted to
Documentation and release note patches are still welcome all the way
up until the final tag goes in.
Issues that were on my radar, but I don't consider blocking:
- Sanitizer test failures on various platforms, e.g. PR24222. We never
ran these tests in previous releases, so it's not a regression. It
would be great if the sanitizer folks could look into the test
failures, but it's not blocking 3.7.
- PR24273: "[ARM] Libc++abi built in-tree with libunwind fails in
__cxa_allocate_exception", Renato will exclude libc++ from his build
- Lack of key functions in some Instruction classes causing build
failures without -fno-rtti
patches have been forthcoming, so this will not get fixed for 3.7. At
least we correctly report -fno-rtti in llvm-config built with CMake
- r244221: "[SPARC] Don't compare arch name as a string, use the enum
instead", owner is unresponsive.
- "[lldb] r245020 - [MIPS]Handle floating point and aggregate return
types in SysV-mips [32 bit] ABI", owner is unresponsive.