It's time for the release notes nagging email.
We have release notes for LLVM, Clang, clang-tools-extra, lld, and
Polly. (If there are more, please let me know.)
Most of these are pretty empty files; see e.g. the LLVM one at .
The internet does read these notes when we release, so please help
make them informative!
If you made any interesting changes during the past six months, or
know someone who did, please write something for the release notes.
You can commit them directly to the branch, or send a patch to me and
I'll happily commit them for you.
If you feel responsible for a particular target, e.g. X86, ARM, MIPS,
etc., please help give those release notes some love.
Here are some examples we might want to mention (thanks LLVM Weekly!).
If you're cc'd on this email, you're mentioned below.
- Dmitry, Renato: the Clang notes mention abi_tag. Do we want to
expand the text here a little? Link to the PR?
- Teresa, Mehdi: there's a "Introduction of ThinLTO [..] ping
Mehdi/Teresa before the release if not done" note, so here's the ping
We should link to the blog post as well.
- Chris Bieneman, there's a "note about autoconf build having been
removed". Do you want to expand this?
- Danny, George: do you want to add something about MemorySSA?
- Nico, do you want to mention clang-cl's precompiled header support?
- James, do you want to mention the removal of the CppBackend?
- Chris Dewhurst, do you want to mention soft-float SPARC support (and
potentially other SPARC improvements)?
- Benjamin, should we mention include-fixer somewhere?