AST manipulation from 2 cpp files

Hi!

I'm using clang for some source-to-source transformations of the arbitrary C code. Until now it was pretty enough for me to use rewriter API for such transformation, but now I want to perform manipulations on AST directly, i.e. I want to take AST node from one source file and insert it into another. For instance I want to copy some arbitrary for-loop from file test_1.cpp, then resolve all the variable and type conflicts and insert that loop into another AST in file test_2.cpp.

I'm aware, that there is no AST copy mechanism in clang, but I can implement it on top of TreeTransform class, which will give me flexibility to some degree. At this point I have only one problem - how to use AST from different cpp files in one context? As far as I know for each compiler instance and thus cpp file there is separate ASTContext and AST node can't be used outside its context.

To sum it up - how can I use AST node from one source file in context of another cpp file, i.e. in another ASTContext? Is it possible? Is there any workarounds?

Thanks in advance,
Andrey Tarasevich