This is a friendly reminder for GSoC applicants that are interested in LLVM/clang. The deadline for applications is March 31: don't forget.
For clang, there are a number of improvements that would be interesting. We have one application already that will be pushing C++ class parsing forward (from Algiris). It would be great to see various projects that apply clang technology to new areas. Some random ideas:
1. A simple command to do refactorings on C code. Things like "rename definition", extract as function, etc etc.
2. A distcc tool that scales better than the original.
3. A 'doxygen' like tool which uses the new HTML emitter to generate indexed output like doxygen or LXR.
4. A 'cscope' like tool for indexing a program or jumping rapidly to definitions.
5. A source code reformating tool. This would use the rewriter to do 'indent' like operations, the tricky part is keeping formatting information.
If you are a student and interested in tackling any of these or other related projects, please consider submitting a proposal.