generation of shared libraries.

I am trying to run the LLVM hello world pass. I observe that in the OUPUT_DIR/lib the LLVMHello.a and LLVMHello.la libraries are generated. But I am confused as to how to generate the .so library file from here.

I am kinda new to compilers and hence the question I know is basic , but couldnt figure the answer out myself.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

In order to generate shared libraries you need to have SHARED_LIBRARY and LOADABLE_MODULE defined in the Makefile. See here for more details: http://llvm.org/docs/MakefileGuide.html#libraries

Thanks a lot.

A see the shared library in linux version. I initially tried doing this in cygwin where I dont see the shared library being built. Do u think it could have been cygwin that is the problem?

Aparna

I believe because cygwin behaves like windows (it is just a posix layer over window) it doesn’t have dynamic linking hence only static libraries have been built.

I believe because cygwin behaves like windows (it is just a posix layer over window) it doesn’t have dynamic >linking hence only static libraries have been built.

This was disabled on Cygwin due to support problems on Cygwin.

Aaron