Marking a test suite test XFAIL

From http://llvm.org/docs/TestingGuide.html

Some tests are known to fail. Some are bugs that we have not fixed yet; others are features that we haven't added yet (or may never add). In DejaGNU, the result for such tests will be XFAIL (eXpected FAILure). In this way, you can tell the difference between an expected and unexpected failure.

The tests in the test suite have no such feature at this time. If the test passes, only warnings and other miscellaneous output will be generated. If a test fails, a large <program> FAILED message will be displayed. This will help you separate benign warnings from actual test failures.

Does this mean there is no way to selectively disable a backend or to mark a test suite test XFAIL?

Thanks,
--Patrick

It can be done in the Makefiles, but it's not as clean as XFAIL. Look at External/SPEC/CINT2000/Makefile for examples.

Thanks, Dale, that really helps.

What about disabling only one backend of a specific test?

Thanks,
--Patrick

Thanks, Dale, that really helps.

What about disabling only one backend of a specific test?

Thanks,
--Patrick

Not sure I understand, the test for Sparc in the example Makefile would appear to do that.
You'll need to figure out a way to test for whatever condition you want to look at. There are
lots of variables defined so there's probably a way to do it.

I'm sorry; I should have been more clear. I mean, for instance, run a test but only with, say, llc, not with lli or cbackend.

Thanks,
--Patrick

Dale Johannesen wrote:

Patrick Simmons wrote:

I'm sorry; I should have been more clear. I mean, for instance, run a
test but only with, say, llc, not with lli or cbackend.

There are DISABLE_JIT and DISABLE_LLC options in Makefile.programs (or,
at least there used to be; things may have changed since I last looked
at the test suite). You can probably set one of those in the Makefile.

Just grep the Makefile.programs and other such Makefiles to get the
exact names of the variables.

-- John T.