newbie with pass registering Problem

Hi!!

This is my first time with llvm. I'm still learning and really need help.

I wrote only one Function Pass, which uses another Function Pass (blockNrs), and registered this:
RegisterPass<FunctionAnalysis> X("gasched", "Genom Scheduling Pass");

When I compile my sourcecode, everything was okay. But when I tried to test it, i got this error Message:

nicole@fpga3:~/test$ make
opt -load /iss/fpga3/nicole/llvm-2.2/Debug/lib/LLVMblockNrs.so -load /iss/fpga3/nicole/llvm-2.2/Debug/lib/libgascheduling.so -help < opt.bc >/dev/null
Two passes with the same argument (-gasched) attempted to be registered!
/bin/sh: line 1: 15334 Abgebrochen opt -load /iss/fpga3/nicole/llvm-2.2/Debug/lib/LLVMblockNrs.so -load /iss/fpga3/nicole/llvm-2.2/Debug/lib/libgascheduling.so -help <opt.bc >/dev/null
make: *** [opt] Fehler 134

Can you please help me. I don't understand what I have made wrong. The Makefile for the test is written like this:

all: opt test.ll opt.ll

opt: opt.bc
        opt -load /iss/fpga3/nicole/llvm-2.2/Debug/lib/LLVMblockNrs.so -load /iss/fpga3/nicole/llvm-2.2/Debug/lib/libgascheduling.so -help < opt.bc$

opt.ll: opt.bc
        llvm-dis opt.bc -f -o opt.ll

opt.bc: test.bc
        opt -verify -mem2reg -prune-eh -verify <test.bc >opt.bc

test.ll: opt.bc
        llvm-dis test.bc -f -o test.ll

test.bc: test.c
        llvm-gcc -c -emit-llvm test.c -o test.bc

Thank you for your help.

cheers,
Nicole

Nicole Irwanto wrote:

Hi!!

This is my first time with llvm. I'm still learning and really need help.

I wrote only one Function Pass, which uses another Function Pass (blockNrs), and registered this:
RegisterPass<FunctionAnalysis> X("gasched", "Genom Scheduling Pass");

When I compile my sourcecode, everything was okay. But when I tried to test it, i got this error Message:

nicole@fpga3:~/test$ make
opt -load /iss/fpga3/nicole/llvm-2.2/Debug/lib/LLVMblockNrs.so -load /iss/fpga3/nicole/llvm-2.2/Debug/lib/libgascheduling.so -help < opt.bc >/dev/null
Two passes with the same argument (-gasched) attempted to be registered!

1) Have you ensured that your passes have different arguments to the RegisterPass constructor (i.e., they have different names)?

2) Are you sure that variable X is only being defined once? There are some ways in which you could have unintentionally defined it twice. For example, if you put the RegisterPass line in a header file that is included by multiple source files in your pass's source code, it will be defined multiple times, possibly giving rise to this error. In our code, we use RegisterPass inside a single .cpp file to ensure it's only defined once.

-- John T.