[patch] Tests for C++ standard, section 5 (Expressions)

Attached is a handful of tests to verify that clang complies to the opening paragraphs of section 5 (Expressions) of the C++ standard.

Since this is the first time I've actually written tests designed to check standards compliance, I thought it'd be useful to get comments from people to make sure that I'm doing things right. If this patch is correct, I suppose it should also update the state of cxx_status.html? I'm not sure where that file is though.

- Jim

expr-test.patch (1.99 KB)

Attached is a handful of tests to verify that clang complies to the opening paragraphs of section 5 (Expressions) of the C++ standard.

Since this is the first time I've actually written tests designed to check standards compliance, I thought it'd be useful to get comments from people to make sure that I'm doing things right.

These tests look good to me, thanks! I've committed them here:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20091005/022118.html

If this patch is correct, I suppose it should also update the state of cxx_status.html? I'm not sure where that file is though.

Yes, the patch should update cxx_status.html, which resides in the "www" subdirectory of the Clang tree. I've made the appropriate change as part of committing your tests.

One minor thing: since you're using Thunderbird, please follow the suggestions for Thunderbird users here:

LLVM Developer Policy — LLVM 18.0.0git documentation

That makes it easier for users of Apple's Mail application to evaluate your patches.

- Doug