problems with gcc 3.2.2-5

I am trying to install llvm with gcc 3.2.2-5 and I get a number of errors in stl include files. I have attached the mess of errors that I get. If you know of a stupid oversight that might cause this, let me know.

Steve

gmake.out (1.57 MB)

Steven M. Carr wrote:

I am trying to install llvm with gcc 3.2.2-5 and I get a number of errors in stl include files. I have attached the mess of errors that I get. If you know of a stupid oversight that might cause this, let me know.

Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you sure that you are linking to the correct C++ library on your system? These errors might be caused if the version of libstdc++.so that matches your compiler isn't in /usr/lib (e.g. you installed GCC 3.2.2-5 in /usr/local).

In that case, you will need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to contain the directory containing libstdc++.so. You may also need to modify Makefile.config so that LDFLAGS contains a -L option with the directory containing the correct version of libstdc++.so.

That would be my first guess.

BTW, are you using LLVM 1.3 or the latest version from our CVS repository?

-- John T.

Steven,

One other little detail John left out. LLVM is known *not* to work with
GCC 3.2.2! No one has succeeded. That release of GCC is very buggy. You
might want to move on to the 3.3 or 3.4 series. LLVM also compiles with
the 3.1 and 3.0 versions.

Reid.

Reid Spencer wrote:

Steven,

One other little detail John left out. LLVM is known *not* to work with
GCC 3.2.2! No one has succeeded. That release of GCC is very buggy. You
might want to move on to the 3.3 or 3.4 series. LLVM also compiles with
the 3.1 and 3.0 versions.

According to our Getting Started Guide (http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/GettingStarted.html#brokengcc), GCC 3.3.2 is also broken, so make sure you're not using that version either.

-- John T.