[RFC] Implementation of OpenACC 3.3 for Offload in Clang

Thank you for this RFC! I’m seeing plenty of support for the proposal, and so I think there’s consensus that the community accepts it and you’re clear to begin upstreaming changes. The most important feedback seems to be to share as much code with other technologies as possible and to ensure we’ve got adequate upstream test coverage, both of which are already in your plans.

Please be sure to include @jdoerfert @alexey-bataev and @jdenny-ornl (if they don’t say otherwise) on early or critical reviews to ensure folks with opinions have a chance to weigh in.

1 Like

That’s great, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions on the UDEL OpenACC V&V suite.

1 Like

To seek some clarifications on how the UDEL OpenACC V&V suite will be upstreamed, would the suite be integrated as an “Externals” like how OpenMP offloading (SOLLVE) V&V currently is integrated? (https://github.com/llvm/llvm-test-suite/tree/main/External)
I would prefer it this way.

Hi @sunitachandra : Thanks for your comments! I apologize for the delay in responding, I was away at WG21. @jefflarkin and I discussed this at one point with the intent of integrating it the same way as OpenMP, yes.

I see that someone has posted an RFC to do so ([External]Add OpenACC Validation and Verification testsuite by wangxin0321 · Pull Request #38 · llvm/llvm-test-suite · GitHub), which I hope is someone who you know? Either way, I’d love your confirmation that this is the ‘right’ way to do so!

Thanks Aaron! Apologies for the delay in response, I was away at WG21 when you sent it. I’ve added those 3 to the first review!

1 Like

Thanks @erichkeane, sorry for the delay at my end, was at SC23!

Great, I guess we are on the same page then. Yes we added SOLLVE’s OpenMP V&V as an external dependency, and let us do the same way with our OpenACC V&V as well.

Yes I noticed the RFC from wangxin0321 but I do not know that person. I will see if I can follow up with them or keep in touch to see this done.