Volunteer as a Moderator, get a free t-shirt!

Hello! I’m looking for session moderators for the 2022 LLVM Developers’ Meeting. For the first time ever, we will offer a FREE LLVM T-Shirt in exchange for your generosity. This includes any T-Shirt from the LLVM Foundation Merchandise Booth at the event (note, some shirts may have limited sizes but we have several styles). If you have wanted to get involved more with LLVM, this is your chance!

What is a session moderator? A session moderator introduces speakers, keeps them on time, and moderates Q&A (except for lightning and quick talks have no Q&A). Specific moderator details will be provided to you. A session consists of several talks in a row and you will moderator all the talks during the time block in a specific room.

Below is a list of all sessions available to moderate and the room location of each (Ballroom or Monterey). Full agenda is posted on the event site (round tables will be added tomorrow and I will comment here when completed).

Please respond here, private message me, or email tanyalattner@llvm.org with your first and second choice session (send the session number, date/time, and location).

[FILLED]: Session 1: November 8, 9:15am-10:30am (Ballroom):
Paths towards unifying LLVM and MLIR - Nicolai Hähnle
Implementing the Unimplementable: Bringing HLSL’s Standard Library into Clang - Chris Bieneman

[FILLED] Session 2: November 8, 11:00am-12:15pm (Ballroom):
Quick Talks - Joseph Huber, Johannes Doerfert, Elvina Yakubova, Michael Jones, Med Ismail Bennani, Zixu Wang, Johannes Doerfert, Matthew Arsenault

[FILLED] Session 3: November 8, 1:30pm-3:30pm (Ballroom):
Note: These are panels and will have a moderator. You will mostly keep them on time.
High-level IRs for a C/C++ Optimizing Compiler - Bruno Lopes, Alex Zinenko, Ivan Baev , Johannes Doerfert, Mehdi Amini, Chris Lattner
Static Analysis in Clang - Gabor Horvath, Bruno Cardoso Lopes, Artem Dergachev, Yitzhak Mandelbaum, Dmitri Gribenko, Denys Petrov

[FILLED] Session 4: November 8, 4:30pm-6:30pm (Ballroom):
llvm-dialects: bringing dialects to the LLVM IR substrate - Nicolai Hähnle
MLIR for Functional Programming - Siddharth Bhat
IRDL: A Dialect for dialects - Mathieu Fehr, Théo Degioanni
VAST: MLIR for program analysis of C/C++ - Henrich Lauko

[FILLED] Session 5: November 8, 10:00am-10:30am (Monterey):
Heterogeneous Debug Metadata in LLVM - Scott Linder

[FILLED] Session 6: November 8, 11:00am-12:30pm (Monterey):
SPIR-V Backend in LLVM: Upstream and Beyond - Michal Paszkowski, Alex Bezzubikov
CuPBoP: CUDA for Parallelized and Broad-range Processors - Ruobing Han
Direct GPU Compilation and Execution for Host Applications with OpenMP Parallelism - Shilei Tian, Joseph Huber

[FILLED] Session 7: November 8, 1:30pm-3:30pm (Monterey):
Tutorial: Using LLVM’s libc - Sivachandra Reddy, Michael Jones, Tue Ly, Guillaume Chatelet
Tutorial: JITLink: Native Windows JITing in LLVM - Sunho Kim

[FILLED] Session 8: November 8, 4:30pm-6:30pm (Monterey):
Linker Code Size Optimization for Native Mobile Applications - Gai Liu
RISC-V Sign Extension Optimizations - Craig Topper
Minotaur: A SIMD Oriented Superoptimizer - Zhengyang Liu
Uniformity Analysis for Irreducible CFGs - Sameer Sahasrabuddhe

[FILLED] Session 9: November 9, 9:10am-10:30am (Ballroom):
Implementing Language Support for ABI-Stable Software Evolution in Swift and LLVM - Doug Gregor
ML-based Hardware Cost Model for High-Level MLIR - Dibyendu Das

[FILLED] Session 10: November 9, 11:00am-12:20pm (Ballroom):
Lightning Talks (16 total)

[FILLED] Session 11: November 9, 1:30pm-3:30pm (Ballroom):
Note: There are 2 panels and a technical talk in this session. The panels will have a moderator. and you will mostly keep them on time. You will fully moderate the talk.
Panel: Machine Learning Guided Optimizations (MLGO) in LLVM - Johannes Doerfert, Petr Hosek, Chris Cummins, Amir Ashouri, Ondrej Sykora, Dibyendu Das, Mostafa Elhoushi, Aiden Grossman, S. VenkataKeerthy
Panel: Discussion on “Best practices with toolchain release and maintenance” - Aditya Kumar, Petr Hosek , Jeremy Stenglein , Han Zhu
Using Content-Addressable Storage in Clang for Caching Computations and Eliminating Redundancy - Steven Wu, Ben Langmuir

[FILLED] Session 12: November 9, 4:30pm-6:00pm (Ballroom):
Note: Q&A is combined and at the end of all student talks.
Student Talks - Charitha Saumya, Yuyou Fan, William S. Moses, Zifan Guo, Mai Jacob Peng, Vir Narula

[FILLED] Session 13: November 9, 10:00am-10:30am (Monterey):
What does it take to run LLVM Buildbots? - David Spickett

[FILLED] Session 14: November 9, 11:00am-12:00pm (Monterey):
MC/DC: Enabling easy-to-use safety-critical code coverage analysis with LLVM - Alan Phipps
YARPGen: A Compiler Fuzzer for Loop Optimizations and Data-Parallel Languages - Vsevolod Livinskii

[FILLED] Session 15: November 9, 1:30pm-3:30pm (Monterey):
Quick talks (8 total)
Clang, Clang: Who’s there? WebAssembly! - Paulo Matos

[FILLED] Session 16: November 9, 4:30pm-6:00pm (Monterey):
Execution Domain Transition: Binary and LLVM IR can run in conjunction - Jaeyong Ko, Sangrok Lee
llvm-gitbom: Building Software Artifact Dependency Graphs for Vulnerability Detection - Bharathi Seshadri, Ed Warnicke
Automated translation validation for an LLVM backend - Nader Boushehrinejad Moradi

Thank you!

2 Likes

Happy to do any of 5, 7, 9, and/or 13 - or if there end up being a stronger need to fill in gaps, open to suggestions

1 Like

I’m adding the proposed round table schedule below. It will take a bit to get this into our online agenda, but thought it might be useful for folks deciding which sessions to moderate:

The schedule below is SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Date Start Time End Time Round Table Title
November 8 11:00 AM 11:30 AM LLVM Security group
November 8 11:00 AM 11:30 AM Interoperability between Swift and C++
November 8 11:30 12:00 PM Static Analysis in Clang
November 8 1:30 PM 2:00 PM New Pass Manager: pass pipeline and infrastructure
November 8 1:30 PM 2:00 PM Debug-info
November 8 2:00 PM 2:30 PM GlobalISel
November 8 4:30 PM 5:00 PM C++ standard library
November 8 4:30 PM 5:00 PM Supporting Minimum Addressable Units Wider Than 8-Bits in Clang/LLVM
November 9 11:00 AM 11:30 AM MLIR C/C++ Frontend Working Group
November 9 11:00 AM 11:30 AM Accuracy of floating point library functions
November 9 11:30 AM 12:00 PM AA, ptr_provenance, full restrict: next steps
November 9 1:30 PM 2:00 PM LLVM Buildbots Present and Future
November 9 2:00 PM 2:30 PM Automatic Differentiation in the LLVM Ecosystem
November 9 2:30 PM 3:00 PM Optimised debug-info
November 9 3:00 PM 3:30 PM Office Hours
November 9 3:00 PM 3:30 PM Loop Vectorizer Geared Towards RISC-V Vector Extension
November 9 4:30 PM 5:00 PM Using Content-Addressable Storage in the compiler and toolchain
November 9 4:30:00 PM 5:00 PM LLVM Education Efforts

I have you down for #5 right now. Thank you!

1 Like

I will be happy to moderate Session#2 or #4. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! I will put you down for session #2!

1 Like

I am still looking for moderators for the upcoming LLVM Developers’ Meeting! Please let me know if you are available to help out :slight_smile: I updated the schedule in the first post to show the open slots.

I can help with #13 or #14.

I am happy to help out moderating Session 4: November 8, 4:30pm-6:30pm (Ballroom). (I sent you an email before, but that might got lost/overlooked.)

1 Like

Thank you! I have you down for session #13.

Thank you!

Happy to take session 16 if you still need someone else.

Thank you! I have you down for session 16. More details will be sent in email by Friday.

1 Like

All slots have been filled. Thank you so much!