LLVM 16.0.5 is now available. This release is a bug-fix release and is API and ABI compatible with 16.0.0.
This is the last planned 16.0.x release. We will only do a 16.0.6 release if critical bugs are found in 16.0.5.
Release sources and binaries can be found on the release page .
If you have any questions about this release, you can ask them here .
Below is the full list of changes since 16.0.4:
- Alan Zhao: [clang] Fix crash when passing a braced-init list to a parentehsized aggregate init expression (185b81e034ba)
- Nikita Popov: [AA] Fix comparison of AliasResults (PR63019) (42f2e6efd844)
- Nikita Popov: [GVN] Add test for PR63019 (NFC) (57c54b25929c)
- Phoebe Wang: [X86][BF16] Fix 2 crashes with vector broadcast (726af32b5cee)
- zhanglimin: [Analysis][LoongArch] Add sign extension for i32 parameters and returns (4fd1b8691da0)
- Sam Clegg: [lld][WebAssembly] Initial support for stub libraries (74b5a0af52eb)
- Sam Clegg: [lld][WebAssembly] Implement --why-extract flag from the ELF backend (9c865c230791)
- Paul Walker: [Clang][Sema] Fix invalid cast when validating SVE types within CheckVariableDeclarationType. (ad815b672d22)
- Mariya Podchishchaeva: [clang] Fix crash when handling nested immediate invocations (cf85b3e5662d)
- Qiongsi Wu: [CMake][AIX] Fixing AIX rpath (e32cbe930f5b)
- Butta: [CMake] Don’t set absolute paths as install runpaths on ELF platforms in llvm_setup_rpath() (b98da4c71edd)
- Tom Stellard: Revert DSE workarounds, this was causing some problems in main. (87e99dec85b6)
- Alan Zhao: [clang] Fix overly aggressive lifetime checks for parenthesized aggregate initialization (84078877549b)
- Marcelo Juchem: [CMake] Set compatibility policy for lists in LLVM-Config.cmake. (3a69d8111157)
- Owen Pan: [clang-format] Handle ud suffixes in IntegerLiteralSeparator (35bd94a4b791)
- Petr Hosek: [BOLT][CMake] Use correct output paths and passthrough necessary options (9d0a2a41081b)
- Krzysztof Parzyszek: [Hexagon] Add patterns for bspap/bitreverse for scalar vectors (094f77145b95)
- Michael Maitland: [llvm-mca] Fix duplicate symbols error (07808f6947a9)
- Phoebe Wang: Reland “[Driver] Support multi /guard: options” (17ceb9512a52)
- Arthur Eubanks: Revert “[Driver] Support multi /guard: options” (cd932165e595)
- Craig Topper: [X86] Don’t crash on instruction prefetch intrinsics without PREFETCHI support. (8c6c56dca37b)
- Walter Gray: Fix ArgsAsWritten being null for ConceptSpecializationExpr in certain circumstances when parsing ASTs (5729e63ac7b4)
- Tom Stellard: workflows/release-tasks: Remove stray backslash (2eb26b66c639)
- Tom Stellard: Bump version to 16.0.5 (812ea0780cfa)