It is a little over one week before the 2.3 code freeze. On Friday, May 9th at 9PM PDT, I will create the 2.3 release branch.
** All developers should check in all major changes by this coming Friday, May 2nd. **
The idea is to minimize risk and keep the tree stabilized for all targets during the week before the release. Ideally, this would mean that only bug fixes get checked in. If you are unsure if your changes are considered major, please feel free to ask via the mailing list and a decision among the "code owners" will be made if it should be checked in during this critical time or not.