Arcanist deprecation problem

Hey I apply different patches as suggested in the previous topic for the same php deprecation problem, but it doesn’t seem to solve the problem,
I’m trying to update the patch using arc diff git merge-base HEAD origin --update <Diff-ID> and there are some linters failed
Error:

Update the revision comments, then save and exit.
Linting...
 Exception 
Some linters failed:
    - CommandException: Command failed with error #255!
      COMMAND
      bash utils/arcanist/clang-format.sh clang-tools-extra/clang-tidy/bugprone/BugproneTidyModule.cpp

STDOUT
      (empty)

STDERR
      PHP Deprecated:  Function libxml_disable_entity_loader() is deprecated in /usr/share/arcanist/support/init/init-script.php on line 92
      PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Error while loading file "/usr/share/arcanist/src/object/Phobject.php": Return type of Phobject::rewind() should either be compatible with Iterator::rewind(): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /usr/share/arcanist/src/init/lib/PhutilBootloader.php:275
      Stack trace:

Is there any way to solve this issue? or using moz-phab ?

See Arcanist deprecation errors on PHP 8

Something surprising maybe is that your error message indicates issues with code in /usr/share/arcanist/src/... ; while in general we install from git in $home to get the latest. Did you install it with apt (or similar package manager)? I’d try to get the latest from source instead.

1 Like