Can libclang produce executable files?

Hello all,

I am building a tool to assist developers in the development and debugging of programs written in esoteric programming languages. One of the features of this program is its ability to output C code equivalent to the esoteric language instructions given to the program.

Though I am able to get the C code successfully, I would like the program to be able to compile this C code into an executable file. I am targeting the OS X platform, specifically, its App Store, and unfortunately, that platforms sandboxing requirements prevent me from invoking clang from my program, as doing so puts clang in a sandbox, which it is not compatible with, apparently.

I have been advised to look into using libclang and invoking the compiler as a library. While libclang looks very useful for parsing source code, there is not a good answer anywhere as to whether or not libclang has the ability to actually turn source code into an executable binary file.

So, I have two questions:

1) Can libclang be used to compile source files into executable binaries and
2) If yes, where can I find documentation or resources on how to use this feature?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me on this issue.

Kind regards,

— SevenBits