Community.o Workshop at EuroLLVM 2024

Hello! I’m trying something new this year with the Community.o workshop by combining this event with the Newcomer session. I’m doing this for the following reasons:

• Building Community is the priority of the Community.o initiate. It seems to go hand in hand with welcoming newcomers at our events
  • We would provide even more information relevant to newcomers as the event would be longer
  • We would also get direct feedback on Community.o proposals from the people that most benefit from them

I would love to get more people involved in the planning of this event and also people to present on certain topics.

I’m planning to schedule a meeting to brain storm and discuss more. Please select all the times might work for you below:

• Wed, Feb 7, 9am PST
  • Wed, Feb 14, 12pm PST
  • Thur, Feb 15, 9am PST
  • Friday, Feb 16, 9am PST
  • Friday, Feb 16, 12pm PST
0 voters

Also, if you are interested in speaking and have a topic in mind, you can either email me (tanyalattner@llvm.org), message me, or fill out this form. https://forms.gle/4oisEJ6AtFdJBqdK6

Bumping this up.

Thanks for organizing this!
I was planning to participate in one of the brain storm sessions, but unfortunately I’m not available on any of the proposed dates (since when did February become the busiest month of the year?).
Maybe in the future it could be useful to add an option to such voting polls that says “I’m interested, but can’t make any of the proposed times”?

One idea off the top of my head: I’d be happy to present something to newcomers similar to what I presented in the 3rd slide at the “Welcome” 5-minute session at the LLVM FOSDEM dev room 2 weeks ago. It tries to summarize a number of pointers on different ways to get involved in 1 slide. I’m equally happy for someone else to present similar information.

Another thought: it might be useful, if possible, to summarize some of the many ideas that have been created over the various community.o workshops in the past and how and in how far they have been implemented. One can easily get an impression that lots of great ideas get generated at community.o workshops, and then they mostly don’t get implemented later. While many ideas remain not fully implemented, I think it’s important to look back and celebrate the successes we’ve achieved thanks to the community.o workshop; highlight how implementing the ideas (that I’ve seen at least) don’t end up needing that much effort; and how they have real significant impact.