Doubled features in vscode-clangd

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the right address for this kind of questions, but hopefully you can at least forward this to the appropriate place.

I’ve been using the Microsoft C/C++ extension in VS Code as the main provider of C++ related functionality (debugging, code completion, etc.) and only recently started to also use vscode-clangd to add more useful features like clang-tidy, code actions and refactorings. Since the two extensions have a large overlap in functionality, I now ended up with many doubled features, for example I get double hints when hovering over code, double results when searching for references and so on, which is quite confusing. Is there a way to avoid this doubling by disabling some features in clangd or telling vscode to ignore some of the features of clangd? I wasn’t able to find a solution so far and would be grateful for your help.

Best regards,
Kacper Sagnowski

Hi Kacper,

We suggest disabling Microsoft C++ extension when using vscode-clangd. That obviously means you lose functionality not provided by clangd.
Alternatively, I believe adding
“C_Cpp.intelliSenseEngine”: “Disabled”
to your user settings should disable most of the overlapping subset of functionality. I have not checked it myself, though.

Let us know if you find a better solution for this.