See the previous published edition.
Welcome to the twenty-third issue of the MLIR (bi)Weekly, a newsletter covering developments in MLIR, and related projects in the ecosystem. MLIR (bi)Weekly is brought to you by a collective effort of contributors, we welcome your contributions!
- Just one year ago, we merged MLIR into the LLVM monorepo!
- The split of the standard dialect started with the creation of the tensor dialect!
- Verifier errors on dominance failure are improved to be more verbose.
- A new
OpBuildersubclass was added:
ImplicitLocOpBuilder. It stores a location on construction and exposes the same APIs as the
OpBuilderbut does not need an explicit location.
- The declarative assembly format now accepts newlines for custom printing.
- The Arm SVE dialect has landed.
- Linalg-on-tensor is getting a lot of work these day, as highlighted in this commit.
- The documentation for converting SPIR-V to LLVM has been updated to reflect the recent progress on this project.
- @george provided an [update on the SPIR-V to LLVM conversion project][RFC] Converting multi-threaded SPIR-V to LLVM dialect: overview).
inlinerpass can now be created with a custom pipeline to be applied after each inlining instead of just canonicalizing.
In the Ecosystem
llvm.mlir.castnow supports the memref and index types.
- The LLVM Dialect got the addition of