Using Type Converter with Generated Conversion Patterns

Hello,

I am writing a conversion pass which lowers MLIR ops to a custom dialect while changing the types ops operate on. I can write a conversion pattern that extends from OpConversionPattern and pass it a TypeConverter and that seems to do what I want.

I was hoping to use tablegen to create the conversion patterns using the same type converter. My pattern looks something like this:

def : Pat<(Torch_AtenMulScalarOp $src, (Torch_ConstantIntOp $value)), (MyDialect_ScaleOp $src, $value)>;

However, Pat patterns in tablegen create patterns that extend from RewritePattern and I haven’t been able to find a way to pass a type converter. Without it, source type (Torch tensor) will not be getting converted. I am seeing an error along the lines of:

error: 'mydialect.scale' op operand #0 must be Multi-dimensional array with a fixed number of dimensions, but got '!torch.vtensor<[2,2],f32>'

Am I out of luck? Is there an API or a workaround I can use to introduce a TypeConverter for generated conversion patterns?