I'm pleased to announce that we will be holding a 2007 LLVM Developer's
Meeting in a few months. This is a great opportunity for everyone to
share ideas, plan the future, and get to know one another. The poll
taken at the end of last year indicates a strong interest in such a
meeting. This is just an announcement that the meeting will go forward.
Further details will be forthcoming. Stay tuned.
Based on your feedback, here's what the poll indicated.
27 people (61%) expressed strong interest
16 people (37%) expressed mild interest
Apple Campus, Cupertino, CA (62% wanted Bay Area)
The choice of which month to hold the meeting was a bit muddled:
1. May (21%)
2. June (18%)
3. August (21%)
4. September (16%)
We'll need to resolve this soon.
What you'd like to get out of this most is:
1. Meeting LLVM people (33%)
2. Exchanging ideas with colleagues (28%)
3. Learning LLVM better (23%)
4. Other (16%)
The responses also indicated that you would like to see content focused
1. using LLVM (24% 1st choice, 23% 2nd choice, 3% 3rd choice)
2. workshop for planning LLVM future (15% 1st choice, 23% 2nd
choice, 23% 3rd choice)
3. presentation/paper on LLVM (14% 1st choice, 18% 2nd choice, 17%
Many of you also expressed an interest in helping to provide the meeting
So, here's what's decided so far:
1. Meeting will be held
2. Location is the Apple campus in Cupertino, CA
3. Duration is 1 day
4. Weekday is Friday or Monday
5. This won't be a conference, just a meeting. While we'll invite
people to present, there won't be any formal paper submission,
6. Content will be focused on the attendees interests as expressed
Please stay tuned for more details.