The Illinois LLVM group is excited to announce the open-source release of HPVM (version 0.5), a compiler infrastructure for heterogeneous parallel systems.
The release includes the implementation of the IR as well as backends for CPUs and NVIDIA GPUs (using OpenCL). It also comes with an install script that automates the process of installing LLVM and patches it with HPVM. In addition, a handful of benchmarks as well as unit tests and regression tests are provided with the release.
HPVM can be downloaded from our public GitLab repository. It requires an installation of LLVM-9, which can be downloaded and installed using our provided install script. All the necessary instructions on how to install and use HPVM are provided in README files at appropriate places in the repository. HPVM is provided under the Illinois/NCSA Open Source License. Any questions or suggestions can be directed to email@example.com.
The following people have contributed to making this release possible:
- Vikram Adve (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sarita Adve (email@example.com)
- Adel Ejjeh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kapil Kanwar (email@example.com)
- Akash Kothari (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maria Kotsifakou (email@example.com)
- Sasa Misailovic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Benjamin Schreiber (email@example.com)
- Hashim Sharif (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yifan Zhao (email@example.com)
University of Illinois