This includes the main LLVM project, and its subprojects including clang, lld, libc++, and MLIR.
This was a smaller release and contains a bunch of fixes all over the source tree:
- Nikita Popov: [BranchFolding] Remove dubious assert from operator< (#71639) (98bfdac5ce82)
- Nikita Popov: [GlobalOpt] Cache whether CC is changeable (#71381) (12c6ee8fd204)
- Jan Kokemüller: [libc++] Fix UB in related to “has value” flag (#68552) (#68733) (0a1274224ef8)
- antoine moynault: [clang] fix test PR69717.cpp (#72134) (42f8800b720f)
- Serge Pavlov: [clang] Run test on x86 only (e666be92b44b)
- Serge Pavlov: [clang] Do not clear FP pragma stack when instantiating functions (#70646) (aebee698ef16)
- Alexey Bataev: [SLP]Fix PR70004: Do not change insert point for reduction gather nodes. (529aa6eadb27)
- Simon Pilgrim: [DAG] WidenVectorOperand - add basic handling for *_EXTEND_VECTOR_INREG nodes (69b3baf9b87e)
- Craig Topper: [Mips] In LowerShift*Parts, xor with bits-1 instead of -1. (#71149) (e7dc53b94212)
- Owen Pan: [clang-format] Correctly annotate keyword operator function name (#66904) (a6cbdae98272)
- Tobias Hieta: Bump version to 17.0.5 (094cfd14c813)
- Rainer Orth: [Driver] Fix linking with -lm on Solaris (#65632) (05422e1dcf94)
- Martin Storsjö: [clang-repl] Fix BUILD_SHARED_LIBS symbols from libclangInterpreter on MinGW (#71393) (910748f4ec5a)
- Nick Desaulniers: [CGExprConstant] stop calling into ConstExprEmitter for Reference type destinations (#70366) (582f0469dae1)
Find sources and binaries on GitHub.
Volunteers make binaries for the LLVM project which will be uploaded when they have had time to test and build these binaries. They might not be available directly or not at all for each release. We suggest you use the binaries from your distribution or build your own if you rely on a specific platform or configuration.
The next release will be 17.0.6, in two weeks 28th of November. Please file issues you find in 17.0.5 in the 17.x milestone.
It’s very likely that 17.0.6 will be the last release in the 17.x series. Make sure to wrap up fixes and get the reviewed in time.