LLVM Buildbot comments are too verbose

If a landed PR has a test failure, llvm-ci will make a comment alerting these failures directly on the PR. I think these comments are super useful to quickly diagnose and fix these errors. The problem is these comments contain build logs that can be quite long, so it can take a while to scroll past them to see other potentially relevant activity or comments. This is compounded by the fact that sometimes many different targets/platforms are failing, each having their own comment.

Here is an arbitrary example I found by searching recent PRs:

I believe this would be significantly improved if these comments used collapsed sections. I imagine the first line, “LLVM Buildbot has detected a new failure…” could be the summary and the rest could be the details.

The problem is, I have no idea where these comments are generated from. Is this an easy improvement that we can do?

This should do it - Made log part of the PR comment collapsable. · llvm/llvm-zorg@c56b70f · GitHub

Here is the example of such comment - [AMDGPU][LTO] Assume closed world after linking by gandhi56 · Pull Request #105845 · llvm/llvm-project · GitHub

2 Likes