RISC-V LLVM sync-up call 8th December 2022

For background on these calls, see here.

Reminder: the purpose is to coordinate between active contributors. If you have support questions etc then it’s best to post to LLVM’s Discourse or Discord.

We have a call every alternate Thursday at 4pm GMT (note it was 4pm BST up until the end of daylight savings time) If you have topics to discuss, please email me ahead of time and I can add them to the agenda.

Attendees are required to adhere to the LLVM Code of Conduct For any Code of Conduct reports, please contact me, and also email conduct@llvm.org.

Dial-in details:

We have a shared calendar that may help in keeping track, which is
accessible through:

Agenda (Note: incomplete - will do another pass on it shortly):

Hi Alex,

In previous RVV intrinsic open meetings, we had a conclusion that it is up to the LLVM communities to help users of the existing intrinsics to transit to the v1.0 version. Back in our previous discussion in the LLVM RISC-V sync-up, we stopped at dwelling on the implementation difficulty of supporting multiple versions to allow a transition period and deprecating them in the future, and did not come to a conclusion on this topic.

The proposals that would break compatibility is distributed across the meeting minutes of the RVV intrinsics, but has not yet formed into a public PR in the intrinsic specification with a POC in the LLVM compiler. Users of existing intrinsics, like Rich has expressed in the rvv-intrinsics mailing list [0], still has remaining interests to the current intrinsics, so I think its a topic that should be mentioned across this RISC-V LLVM community. If people are interested and there is remaining time at the end of the meeting, I would be happy to discuss on this topic.

[0] https://lists.riscv.org/g/tech-rvv-intrinsics/messages

Regards,

eop Chen

1 Like

Thanks eop - I’ve added it to the agenda (along with a couple of other things).