Seeking Volunteers for EuroLLVM 2024 PC Committee and Student Travel Grants Committee

Volunteers are needed for the 2024 EuroLLVM Program Committee and Student Travel Grant Committee. If you are interested in help shape the EuroLLVM Program, make a difference in a students life, or just want to give back to the LLVM community, please submit this form below by December 1st:

Program Committee Expectations:

• Attend a training meeting the week of Dec 11

• Join Discord channel for committee communication

• Review ~20 submissions (~Jan 8-22)

• Attend PC Meeting week of Jan 22

Travel Grant Review Committee:

• Attend a training meeting the week of Dec 11 (this will be recorded)

• Review ~20 applications (Jan 8 -22)

Thank you so much for volunteering!

I’m getting “The form 2024 EuroLLVM Dev Mtg Volunteer Form is no longer accepting responses. Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake.” error when trying to open the form, is that a known issue?

Me too!

Same here. Given the post hasn’t even been there for a day, I presume it’s not a case of “we already have too many volunteers”?

Hi all. It is fixed.

1 Like

I’d like to point out once more that the ethnic diversity question is US centric, while this is an European conference. The minorities here are very different.

Here are some national ethnic divisions, you can find more on each country’s official websites, and probably get advice from survey building companies.

US:
https://ir.aa.ufl.edu/surveys/race-and-ethnicity-survey/

UK:

Austria:

2 Likes

During the move to Discourse, the project evaluated Discord for official communication and concluded that their privacy policy was unacceptable. It’s therefore very sad to see official events making it a requirement for serving on committees.

The travel grant committee, in particular, will be handling a lot of PII that (especially for a European conference) brings along a lot of GDPR compliance complexity. Discord provides some tools for GDPR compliance, but last time I checked these had not been revised in light of Schrems II . I presume the Foundation sought legal advice before mandating Discord, please can you let us know what the lawyer said the GDPR-related obligations on the committee members will be and what they will need to do to be able to comply with these while using Discord?

Discord is currently used by the LLVM Project.

The travel grant committee is not using Discord.

Thank you for your feedback. You are correct that is was based off US survey standards and that it would be different per country. However, the form does allow for individuals to either opt out of the question entirely, or to specify their own answer.

Discord is currently used by the LLVM Project.

Apparently I missed that, thank you for the clarification. Can you point me to the discussion where community agreed to adopt a proprietary service with an invasive privacy policy as an official communication channel?

I have been on the EuroLLVM PC four times (chair once), and introduced the use of HotCRP and the Student Research Competition, but I find the Discord privacy policy unacceptable (in general, but even more so for an open source project), so I guess I won’t be volunteering this year.

Given that this is off topic from this post, please start a new discussion if you would like to talk about Discord and its use.

Regarding the PC committee, I am happy to make an exception, but you will have to communicate directly with the chair if you have questions. The discord channel is mainly to facilitate quick responses of general questions members on the PC may have and actual reviews are not posted there.