Urgently looking for Compiler / Toolchain Developers in Europe for world leading semiconductor company

Hi,

I am working with a leading semiconductor company to help them recruit for several Compiler / Toolchain roles in their team in Austria.

The roles are very urgent and although one engineer was offered a position in the team he was counter offered by his current employer. He has told me that a good idea would be to contact the LLVM Development mailing list to ask about posting these positions out to all the members.

Is this something that could be possible and would you be able to assist me with this – I can provide the job specs and info of the company if needed.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Chris

Chris Canneaux

Principal Consultant

T. +44 (0)1273 957 888 Direct Line. + 443303352350 M. +44 (0)7912 506 673

E. ccanneaux@eu-recruit.com W. www.eu-recruit.com

Linkedin. http://uk.linkedin.com/in/chriscanneaux

Referral Scheme – Keen to help someone you know? If you do recommend them and they find their dream job you can also earn some £’s or €’s!

image001.pngimage002.png

39 Upper Gardner Street, Brighton, BN1 4AN, UK.

Hi Chris,

It’s ok to publish job offers on the list, and normally people just send the job ad with a prefix on the subject like [JobAd] etc. If the ad is LLVM based, and it’s not generic posting, or repeated irrelevant positions, should be fine.

However, most of the ads people put up are directly from the company, not from recruiters, so I’m not sure how people would take it. I believe there was some resistance in the past to recruiter emails and I can surely understand why.

I think it wouldn’t hurt to send an email with the offer and the company, and see if people complain about it. But I’d recommend not use this list as a generic “software engineering” job ad channel, with the risk of being banned.

cheers,
–renato

image001.png

image002.png

I don’t know how others feel about this, but I’m slightly opposed to indirect solicitations from recruiters on this list. Please don’t take my email as carrying any authority though. Please do consider this more of starting a polite discussion.

Generally

1. You’ve included zero job description

2. “We” as a community have no clue who this company is

etc etc

Personally, I see some of the value in (direct) job postings as a way for companies to wear a badge for their investment in the project. I have a doubt the company is extensively using llvm and will be working on llvm if they weren’t aware of this mailing list already… (I could be mistaken when big companies are involved)

Less strict place for posting may be compilerjobs.com

image001.png

image002.png

PHP error happened :slight_smile:

But yeah, I agree with you entirely. I think this is the general feeling,
too.

cheers,
--renato

Hi Renato,

Ok great – thanks for your help on this.

I will get on the case with compilerjobs.com

Have a great weekend.

Regards

Chris

Chris Canneaux

Principal Consultant

T. +44 (0)1273 957 888 Direct Line. + 443303352350 M. +44 (0)7912 506 673

E. ccanneaux@eu-recruit.com W. www.eu-recruit.com

Linkedin. http://uk.linkedin.com/in/chriscanneaux

Referral Scheme – Keen to help someone you know? If you do recommend them and they find their dream job you can also earn some £’s or €’s!