The May 2023 board meeting minutes can be found here
The contents of the PDF are included here also:
Board Meeting Minutes
Date: May 26, 2023
Time: 9:30AM pacific time
Location: Video conferencing, multiple locations
Attendees: Reid, Chris B, Kristof, Wei, Chris L, Tanya, Mike, Anton, Kit
- Approve April 7, 2023 Meeting Minutes
- Approved by Reid, Chris B, Kristof, Wei, Chris L, Tanya, Mike, Anton; Kit abstained
- Follow-up from previous meeting
- EuroLLVM Wrap-up
- 223 registered, 221 attended. Capacity maximum was 300.
- Positive feedback from attendees
- Estimated 40-50% of attendees were new (based on informal survey)
- Initial breakdown of ticket sales: 32 students; 51 speakers, 30 academic/non-profit, 93 corporate, remainder sponsor tickets.
- US LLVM Dev Mtg
- Signed contract with Marriott in Santa Clara
- Sent save-the-date to discourse
- Working on logistics to get everything else running
- Subproject Workshops, held in conjunction with LLVM Dev:
- The Foundation has an interest in maintaining an open and inclusive conference and promoting cross-pollination between LLVM subprojects.
- Workshops limited to subprojects (MLIR, Clang, C++, etc) are encouraged as long as they don’t conflict with the main event, and are a good way to batch travel
- Need to establish:
- A definition of what a “workshop” would be
- How subprojects can apply to run a workshop
- Need to announce the workshop format on Discourse and gauge interest from subprojects
- Tanya will be requesting for volunteers from the community to help with assessing student travel grants for the dev meeting
- Request to create an Organization account for LLVM for PyPi
- All board members agree we should create this account.
- GSoC results and supporting projects outside GSoC
- Mentors selected 28 projects out of 54 proposals;
- Google requested our projects to be sorted, and only the top 22 proposals were selected.
- Request for the foundation to fund an additional two projects, above what GSoC is funding.
- Decision is to decline the current request and investigate the ability to establish a mentorship/grant program in the future.
- Phabricator pre-merge testing
- Google wants to transfer the pre-merge testing bots over to the LLVM Foundation GCP project.
- Reid will follow-up offline with Anton about getting access to llvm.org GCP project
- Community decision making/consensus/steering issues
- One idea is to set up code-owners forum where board members and code owners can get together and discuss. This will provide a forum to get feedback from community leaders on how we decide to do things.
- Chris B offered to start a document to collect problems we are trying to solve, ideas on how to solve them, etc.
- The board decided we need a separate meeting to discuss more. Kit will set up a meeting on June 16 @ 9:30PDT for the board to discuss further.
- Next Meeting: Tanya will set up Doodle poll to determine between: June 30, July 7, July 14.