New GlobalISel office hours and sync up meetings

I’ve just set up an office hours meeting for GlobalISel, listed here: Getting Involved — LLVM 18.0.0git documentation

As well as the office hours, I’d also like to set up a monthly sync up for GlobalISel developers and users. I know we have people wanting to get started with the framework across different time zones, so I’d like to get a pulse on what days and times are most preferable. For Europe based folks, PT+7 hours doesn’t leave a lot of overlap with most of the US east coast. Would a 9:00 PT time be ok?

As for days, I’m thinking of every 2nd Tuesday of the month.

5 Likes

Hi @amara
Just to clarify 9:00 AM PT, right?

Yes, AM, so that there’s a chance for Europe to join during waking hours.

This works for me

I may not be able to join every month as it’s past 6PM my time, but I will try to join regularly.
Will there be a meeting agenda posted before each meeting, or is this more of a free-form sync?

Good for me

Will there be a meeting agenda posted before each meeting, or is this more of a free-form sync?

There are some big picture topics like FP types etc that I think would be good to talk about, but in general I don’t know if we’ll have an agenda for each meeting.

I’m thinking that we trial this for a few months, maybe 4/5 sync ups. If we still think it’s valuable we can continue, otherwise we’ll archive the minutes so we don’t end up with an indefinitely recurring sync. Open to suggestions either way.

I’ll set up the minutes docs and calendar for this sync next week.

I’ve created the meeting calendar, you can see it at GettingStarted (might take a while for the page to update)

First one is next Tuesday, Nov 14th. If you want to add something to the agenda please let me know.

Meeting agenda/minutes:

Google calendar link

Hi all,

The next GlobalISel sync up is scheduled for Tuesday May 21st, not the 2nd Tuesday of the month as normally expected.

Please see the agenda doc for meeting info.

Thanks